5 tips for an effective call to action
5. Get clear on WHAT you want people to do (use a promo code? Show up at an event? Vote for a candidate? Be specific), and then
4. Be absolutely clear about HOW someone can take action (consider platform, time commitment, risk/reward, and then assume your reader has the attention span of a goldfish)
3. Choose your verb wisely. Sometimes this will correspond to #1 (click, attend, vote!), and sometimes this will correspond to #2 (learn, support, connect!)
2. Pitch the outcome, not the product (your life made easier / smarter / faster / sexier)
1. Always measure the outcome (ALWAYS). Learn from it, adapt your strategy, and try more verbs!